About the Workshop
Despite the recognition by organizations, large and small, about the pivotal role of innovation in staying ahead of the competition very few actually build innovation strategies into their corporate system. A fundamental problem with such organizations is the lack of capacity to mainstream innovation into corporate processes and procedures and an innovation system that dictates how the company searches for novel problems and solutions, synthesizes ideas into a business concept, new products/services and new markets.
The goal of the Corporate Innovation Governance Workshop to help frms develop a new organizational culture and innovation by improving business processes, generate new disruptive products and services building and run new client-oriented business approach. Participantswould gain a deep understanding of innovationmanagement and leadership and be equipped with the tools necessary to build high performing organizations. The workshop will be led by experts with deep rooted experience in innovation management and issues relating to the power of creative thinking, ideas generation, innovation management process, contemporary models on new business creation. During the workshop participants will also analyze real life cases and present solutions in teams.
At the end of the workshop participants would know how to:
- Bring better products to the market faster
- Help transform the organization to meet the faster and changing environment
- Develop innovative talents and teams with a strategic role in the organization
- Create sustainable uniqueness to become more competitive
- Mainstream innovation into corporate strategy
- Creating sustainable organizational uniqueness – Strategic Innovation Thinking.
- What thinking processes will help you become achieve organizational innovation?
- How can organizations effectively steer and manage a complex, cross-functional and multidisciplinary activity like innovation?
- The changing corporate environment of Financial institutions – How to deal with more competition for everything everywhere.
- Does everyone in the organization have the same clear understanding external environment in which the organization is situated?
- Does everyone in your organization understand the changing nature and direction of competition today?
- Does everyone share the reasons why you need to innovate?
- Developing Innovative Products and Services.
- Are you focusing on areas where innovation can make a difference?
- new better and cheaper products and services?
- new technologies and new production processes
- New Market Development
- How is your organization creating and serving previously un-defned markets?
- Building and Leading Innovative Teams
- How you attract, retain and motivate your people?
- How are leadership and management differentiators in your organization?
Who should attend
The workshop is ideal for middle to senior management, team leaders looking for new ways to innovate within in growth-oriented financial institutions.
- Face to Face Meeting: The two-day workshop will be practical and interactive.
- eLearning – the workshop will be supported by eLearning tools before, during and after the face to face meeting. Participants will have access to all materials used during the workshop as well as access to an online knowledge exchange forum (http://www.idea2market.org/elearning)
- Webinar on Innovation Ideas and New Venture Opportunity Recognition
- Two – day face to face workshop
- Access to the Idea2market eLearnig Portal for learning materialsmeeting.
- Participation in the Webinar on Innovation Ideas and New Opportunity Recognition
- Certifcate of Participation
- One Participant 2000 CEDIs Per person
- Two to Five 1800 CEDIS
- Five and above 1600 CEDIs
Foster Ofosu is an economist with over 20 years experience in researching, teaching and practicing International Business and Innovation Management in Europe and Africa. He is a the founder and Chief Excitement officer of Idea2Market Innovations, a Foundation aimed at igniting and supporting innovative ideas to help tackle social and economic challenges in Africa. He is currently an innovation and capacity development specialist at the African Development Bank (AfDB)
Madvee Muthu works extensively on SME development to ensure that these companies become the strongholds of African economies. She is the Founder of impact Consulting and is based in Mauritius;her work focuses primarily on developing smart/innovative projects and brokering strategic partnerships for their implementation. Before Impact Consulting, Madvee worked for several entities, including the United Nations Development Programme, the United Nations Economic Commission for Africa and the Africa Development Bank.
Ephraim Daka has extensive experience in multi-disciplinary program management with expertise in strengthening innovation governance in SMEs through inclusive innovation. Additionally, he has expertise in Science, Technology and Innovation (STI) policy frameworks, capacity building and entrepreneurship with an ability to develop strategic innovation plans. His current roles include designing of knowledge transfer platforms for private and public organisation.
Reggie Mark-Hansen is the Chief Ideation Officer of Predictive Excellence, a boutique Human Capital firm pioneering the use of Behavioral analytics in support of people decisions.
Reggie’s passion is in working with business leaders to build an engaged workplace that drives innovative sustainable performance.
He’s led global and continental HR teams in organisations such as the IFC, British American Tobacco and Shell.